I had such a hard time deciding on a paint color for little girls room. I have no interior decorating skills or interests, but really wanted her room to look cute. So, I ordered the bedding which I was immediately happy with. Then I picked two colors to paint, and talked my Dad into coming up to paint the room. Here is what I picked, don't know what I was thinking.
and two walls were light blue.
After about a week I knew I was not going to be happy with this pink/blue combo so I talked Dewy into repainting a light green. Of course it took two coats to cover the bright pink. Here is the green.
because I knew immediately I did not like the green.
Then after about a day of deciding green just wasn't going to work I decided on a nice neutral cream color. Here is the finished results. I am very happy with the outcome!
The boys have been sharing a room. My Dad made Cohen a bed to match the one he made for Jackson. Both boys are so excited to be in their "Big Boy Beds". Of course they are up pretty much every night until 10:30 talking, fighting, playing, asking to to go the bathroom, opening and shutting the blinds, and crying. Bedtime can only get easier from here, I just hope it happens sooner then later. Dewy and I really miss our quiet relaxing evenings together.

2 comments:
Quiet evenings? Don't you sometimes feel like you gave up your last precious times of peace when bedtime was easy? On Saturday night we went out for ice cream, even though I was BEAT from Lily's bday party. My mom was here and we put the kids to bed but I just needed a night of no bedtime "fight routine". It was really good, because last night I felt more patient and more refreshed again! The room looks beautiful and so do you! :) Wow, Tuesday??? So like tomorrow? So great. Congrats. Are you having a c-cection or being induced, or is Tuesday wishful thinking? Blessings!
Jenni, Love Shelby's room. Now you are not going to be surprised by this but, I LOVED the pink! I agree, not quite right for you and Shelby but perfect for your crazy friend, Cindy! Please tell me the color/brand of paint you used for the pink! I just might paint my new kitchen that color, bwahahahahaha!
Cindy J
Post a Comment