Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pumpkin Patch Number Two!

We felt bad Daddy missed out on the last pumpkin patch, so we decided to check out our local pumpkin patch and enjoy a little more fall fun. After arriving at the farm Jackson spotted the animals and wanted to see the alpacas, goats, and chickens. Almost immediately a chicken pecked Jackson's finger. There were a few tears and a little blood, but Jackson is ok!


The finger peckn' chicken!


"Dat chicken bited me"

Then we picked out a few pumpkins. We got some big ones for carving and three little ones for decorating. When I was at Christy's house last weekend she introduced me to a super fun, and cute, pumpkin decorating idea. You paint the pumpkin with glue then sprinkle Martha Stewart glitter on the pumpkin. You can find the glitter at Wal-mart and it comes in some really nice fall colors.


"Jackson, we have to find a BIG one"


Our little punkin

After picking out pumpkins it was time for a snack. We had hot cider, kettle corn, and mini cider donuts. Everything was so yummy! We also rode the hay ride which was well worth the money and wait. It was a great time and I think the pumpkin patch just became a Family Fall Tradition!


Yummy, crunchy, sweet and sticky goodness!



Cohen's first donut!



Grubbin'

4 comments:

Jessica Probert said...

I love how hard Cohen was working on that donut! Looks like you guys had a great time. As the boys get older you'll have to take them through a hay maze.

Kristen said...

How fun!!!

I love the picture of your little pumpkin. :)

And the treats sound delish! I am now craving donuts. Thanks! :)

The Phillips Family said...

Doesn't fall actually have some fun family activities? We just did the same thing, on a lower scale at Warner's nursery. It was still fun. I love the little punkin, he is getting so cute!

Kristen said...

WOW, Cohen looks sooo big! His hair has grown a lot too. Poor Jackson, that mean old chicken!